Dates For Your Diary - 6th and 7th September 2014
Wow it’s the 20th anniversary of the Shackerstone Family Festival.
The festival has been running for the past 19 years in the sleepy Leicestershire village attracting approximately 15,000 visitors and has helped raise over £350,000 for good causes locally and nationally.
The Ashby Canal runs through Shackerstone and the village is also home to the heritage steam railway and the Battlefield Line. For one weekend in September the village hosts the Shackerstone Festival.
There is something for the whole family at the festival, which offers many attractions over the two fun filled days.
- Historic Narrowboats on the Ashby Canal
- Vintage VehiclesMilitary Vehicles
- Vintage Tractors
- Trade Stalls
- Craft Fayre
- Steam Engines at Shackerstone Station
- Dog Training Demonstration
- Fair Ground Rides
- Real Ale Beer Festival
- The Phase One Steel Band
- Aerostars Superb Yak Aerobatic Display Team
- Wildcat Aerobatics Formation Display Team
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight RAF Spitfire
- The Knights of Nottingham World Champion Jousting Team
- Bob Hogg’s Sheep Racing and Duck Herding
- Peak Vale Tractor Pulling Spectacle
- The Lincoln County Regulators - Shoot outs at ‘High Noon’ and ‘the OK Canal’
- The Piston Rings Motor Cycle Display Team
- Qualifying Heats from the North West Lawn Mower Racing Association
And much more!!
The Festival In Pictures
images from shackerstonefestival.co.uk
How To Get There By Car
Shackerstone is midway between Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Hinckley in Leicestershire and is signposted from both the A444 and A447 trunk roads, both with Yellow AA Steam and Canal signs and Battlefield Line Railway signs (brown tourist signs).
From B585, the Market Bosworth road, follow the signs to the village of Congerstone.The Festival Site is midway between the villages of Congerstone and Shackerstone, off Barton Lane, look out for the Yellow AA signs.
Once near the entrance of the site you will be directed by stewards to the car park.If you are using
Sat Nav the nearest Postcode is CV13 6LZ - The Green, Congerstone, but bear in mind that it's in a field, not a house!
Shackerstone Family Festival 2014 Tickets