Effective date: 28-October-2021
Updated on: 28-October-2021
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Information We Collect
When using our Service, you will be prompted to provide us with personal information used to contact or identify you. https://www.whiltonmarina.co.uk/ collects the following information:
Usage Data includes the following:
- Usage Data
- Mobile Number
- Social Media Profile
- Work Address
- Home Address
- Internet Protocol (IP) address of computers accessing the site
- Web page requests
- Referring web pages
- Browser used to access site
- Time and date of access
How We Collect Information
https://www.whiltonmarina.co.uk/ collects and receives information from you in the following manner:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, viewing boats at our Marina, buying or selling a boat through us, visiting open days at our marina, using the facilities and services at our marina. This includes information provided:
- At the time of registering for boat updates
- Booking to view a boat at our Marina
- When visiting our open days
- When contacting us to value your boat
- When contacting us to complete maintenance, welding or engineering work on your boat.
- When subscribing to a newsletter;
- Through a contact form (whether on our Site or by any other means);
- When posting material such as ratings and reviews;
- When requesting further services; or
- When searching for a boat;
- Social Media: Information that you provide to us on our Social Media pages
- Order details: Information that you provide in relation to an order or a product you have purchased. This includes details of any cards which you have successfully used to purchase products from us.
- Competition details: Information that you provide when you enter one of our competitions or participate in one of our promotions;
- Wi-Fi details: Information that you provide when accessing Wi-Fi services in our Marina
- Transaction details:Details of transactions which you carry out with us (whether through our Site or otherwise)
Your information will be stored for up to 1095 days after it is no longer required to provide you the services. Your information may be retained for longer periods for reporting or record- keeping in accordance with applicable laws. Information which does not identify you personally may be stored indefinitely.
How We Use Your Information
https://www.whiltonmarina.co.uk/ may use your information for the following purposes
- Providing and maintaining our Service, as well as monitoring the usage of our Service.
- For other purposes. Whilton Marina Ltd will use your information for data analysis to identify usage trends or determine the effective of our marketing campaigns when reasonable. We will use your information to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, and marketing efforts.
- Managing your account. Your Personal Data can enable access to multiple functions of our Service that are available to registered users.
- For the performance of a contract. Your Personal Data will assist with the development, undertaking, and compliance of a purchase contract for products or services you have purchased through our Service.
- To contact you. Whilton Marina Ltd will contact you by email, phone, SMS, or another form of electronic communication related to the functions, products, services, or security updates when necessary or reasonable.
- To update you with news, general information, special offers, new services, and events.
- Marketing and promotional initiatives. Whilton Marina Ltd will use non-specific information gathered from you in order to improve our marketing efforts.
- Targeted advertising. Your Personal Data will be used to improve advertising efforts that are relevant to your specific interests.
- Testimonials and customer feedback collection. If you share a testimonial or review about your experience using our Service, it will be shared or otherwise used on the website.
- User to user comments. Your information, such as your screen name, personal image, or email address, will be in public view when posting user to user comments.
We do not sell or otherwise trade to outside parties. However that does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law.
How We Share Your Information
Whilton Marina Ltd will share your information, when applicable, in the following situations:
- With your consent. Whilton Marina Ltd will share your information for any purpose with your explicit consent.
- For transfers of business. Your information will be shared in the event of connection, negotiation, merger, sale of business assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business with another company.
Any third party we share your information with must disclose the purpose for which they intend to use your information. They must retain your information only for the duration disclosed when requesting or receiving said information. The third-party service provider must not further collect, sell, or use your personal information except as necessary to perform the specified purpose.
Your information may be shared to a third-party for reasons including:
- Analytics information. Your information might be shared with online analytics tools in order to track and analyse website traffic.
- Payment processing and recovery services. Your information will be used in order to process payments in the event of a purchase, refund, or other similar request.
- Improving targeted advertising campaigns. Whilton Marina Ltd partners with third party service providers to improve targeted advertising campaigns.
Your information may be disclosed for additional reasons, including:
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, or court orders.
- Responding to claims that your use of our Service violates third-party rights.
Disclosure of your personal data
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with: (a) the police or other investigatory or law enforcement authorities; and (b) companies and organisations involved in fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and/or
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In particular:
- To secure your personal information, access to your data is password protected. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential and not to share this information with anyone
- We are registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and meet payment card industry data security standards with Level 1 of PCI DSS certification
- Use of secure technologies (e.g. SSL, encryption)
Please note that transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through our site
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies allow core website functionality such as user login and account management. The website cannot be used properly without strictly necessary cookies.
- Performance cookies. Performance cookies are used to see how visitors use the website, eg. analytics cookies. Those cookies cannot be used to directly identify a certain visitor.
- Targeting cookies. Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, eg. content partners, banner networks. Those cookies may be used by companies to build a profile of visitor interests or show relevant ads on other websites.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies are used to remember visitor information on the website, eg. language, timezone, enhanced content.
- Unclassified cookies. Unclassified cookies are cookies that do not belong to any other category or are in the process of categorization.
Your information’s security is important to us. https://www.whiltonmarina.co.uk/ utilises a range of security measures to prevent the misuse, loss, or alteration of the information you have given us. However, because we cannot guarantee the security of the information you provide us, you must access our service at your own risk.
Whilton Marina Ltd is not responsible for the performance of websites operated by third parties or your interactions with them. When you leave this website, we recommend you review the privacy practices of other websites you interact with and determine the adequacy of those practices.
Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the details set out in the “Contact Details” section (Overview of this policy and who we are). A summary of the rights you have is set out below:
Privacy Complaints Procedure
- Opting-out of Marketing: You can ask us or third-parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time by: (a) by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing communications which we send to you; or (c) by contacting us at any time using the details set out in the “Contact Details” section (Overview of this policy and who we are).
- Data Subject Access Requests: You have the right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction: You have the right to request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Erasure: You have the right to request we erase your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Processing Objection: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third-party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Processing Restriction: You have the right to request we restrict the processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Data Transfer: You have the right to request we transfer your personal data to you or to a third-party. We will provide to you, or a third-party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdrawing consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing where we are relying on that consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- No fee usually required:You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- What we may need from you: We may need to request specific information from you to help
us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response
- Time limit Response We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (“ICO”) if you think your data is being misused. The ICO is the UK’s supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk)
We always appreciate the chance to try to deal with any data protection concerns before they are referred to the ICO so, if you are happy to do so, please do not hesitate to contact us using the details above so that we can try to help you out in the first instance.
For any questions, please contact us through the following methods:
Name: Whilton Marina
Address: Whilton Marina, Whilton Locks, Near Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 2NH
Phone: 01327 842577